Successful scrapbooking retreats should focus on providing not only a friendly and fun environment, but also a comfortable and spacious place where you can fully focus on your projects. My upcoming retreats will hold between 12 & 17 croppers. This is a perfect size for an enjoyable, comfortable and fun-filled retreat, but it also means you need to register soon to reserve your spot.
I have attended retreats where you participate in many games and activities, and other retreats where they didn’t do anything. I believe my retreats are somewhere in the middle, making it a “perfect weekend.” Most crafters go on retreats to get away from the interruptions they may get at home while scrapbooking. I don’t want you to come to our retreat and feel you didn’t accomplish your goals because you were constantly interrupted by games or activities. At the same time, I don’t want you to have a boring, uneventful weekend. That being said, of course you will enjoy fun games and activities during the retreats, but I promise not to take too much time away from your projects.
Below are some other wonderful things you can expect at a Busy Bees Scrapbooking Retreat.
- Crop room available for 53 hrs straight (though you may want to take a little nap here and there) LOL!
- Spacious cropping tables: 6ft in length by about 2 ½ ft in width.
- Unless it is a “No Frills” retreat the following will be provided.
- Unlimited snacks and drinks. To keep the cost low, lunches and dinners will be up to you. The hotel provides breakfast for those who are staying over. There are various restaurants in the area and some will even deliver to the hotel. All rooms have a mini-fridge and microwave in case you wish to bring your own food.
- Give-a-ways: Gift upon arrival, games and prizes!
- Electrical available at your table if requested on the registration form.
- Tool table: A Cricut Explore will be available for you to use. (I can teach you if you’ve never used it… I promise you’ll be hooked!)
- Swap table: Feel free to take some scrapbooking items others have discarded and leave some that you no longer need.
- Garage Sale Table (at certain retreats): Sell your scrapbooking items which you feel are just too expensive or unique to swap. (i.e. cricut cartridges, cutters, punches, pre-made layouts, stamp sets, ect.) Simply write your name and a price on your item so that other crafters can shop. All business is done between you and the person buying your item.
- Craft stores in the area: Michaels Arts & Crafts Store, Hobby Lobby and Jo-Ann Fabrics & Crafts
- Seating Arrangements: Spots will be arranged prior to the retreat. If you wish to sit next to a friend(s), it is important that you write their name(s) on the registration form, since it will be difficult to make changes once the weekend has begun. I promise to do my best to accommodate everyone as they please.
- Room Temperature: We will have the AC set at a comfortable temperature, but since we all have different “degrees of comfort,” we recommend you dress in layers and bring a sweater as well.
- The most important thing to expect is that you will have a wonderful weekend!